Wednesday 9 June 2010

Hip-HOP

Hip-HOP


This was my first ever painting using Oils!!
Besides Film, I have always loved Hip-Hop music, this piece was really a bit of an experiment for me. I had never used the medium before and just wanted to see what i could do with it. I have always since a young age had a love for anything intricate and detailed, and this has always been reflected in my work.
As far as composition, I had absolutely no sketches or pre concieved ideas of how this one was going to turn out, so i kind of made it up as i went along. However for 'those in the know' all the landmarks and people relate, so i'm guessing subconciously it must have been in my head somewhere..... regardless i'm actually quite proud of my "first try".

(Oil & Mixed Media 2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment